[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Mar 3 16:21:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 02:37:59PM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Hi Khaled
>
> What are your current plans? I see a lot of day to day activity but do
> you have timelines with regular goals set?
> Obviously the main goal I am interested in is feature parity with
> trunk. When is that planned for?

Hi Craig,

This should, hopefully, be done by end of next week and if all goes as
planned, I’ll be sending patches by then. You can see the current
remaining issues here:
https://github.com/HOST-Oman/scribus/issues

The boxes milestone (the only one currently) coverts feature parity with
trunk. Currently screen rendering and PDF are more or less complete, the
only major feature remaining is getting path text to work again. Other
export formats (SVG, XPS, PS) are in progress (personally I’d be more
than happy to send a patch without those and fix them later, fixing them
should be a few hours work for someone who knows the code).

> What about rendering quality of boxes vs trunk?
>
> And apart from that, you had used cairo onscreen before and reverted
> away from that after the discussion with Jean. Can we resolve those
> platform issues and get that quality back?

I’m planning to revisit this again, probably using cairo-ft when present
and failing back to the old code of not, or better talking to FreeType
directly for the rasterisation, but I need to figure this out.

Regards,
Khaled