[scribus-dev] lcms 2.8 and transparency flattening

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Wed Jun 8 07:16:13 UTC 2016

Lcms cant help with transparency flattening.

There are two ways to approach that operation – the easy way or the hard way

Easy way: rasterize the entire page containing transparency.  For extra credit, find the smallest bounding box for complete objects that are impacted and only rasterize those, leaving everything else intact.

Hard way: find the exact pieces that are impacted and rebuild new objects representing those, hopefully as vectors (but rasterizing as necessary)