[scribus-dev] CTL and Trunk: where are we at?

Scribus User scribus.user at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 00:48:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 04/25/2016 06:39 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > One issue that always bugs me is the lack of test files attached to most
> > issue reports, and one is expected to follow some vague instructions (or
> > screen shot of some Scribus settings). This is really just making it
> > hard for everyone involved, and I think it should be a requirement that
> > the issue reports attaches a small document showing the issue (unless it
> > is something that can’t be captured in a document of course).
> >

> You might post this to the regular list also, since there may be some
> who don't subscribe to this list that could report bugs.
> As a further hint, I would suggest being a bit more positive, i.e., not
> so much complaining ("one issue that always bugs me"), and more words of
> encouragement, in hope that bugs will continue to be reported, and maybe
> even more helpful bugs with attached files.
>
> Greg

The process of getting people to fill out bug reports correctly is an
ongoing one. Many of the older bugs don't have attached example SLAs or
even screenshots. So I empathize. I agree with Greg that it's important to
stay positive. I'll also be vigilant as possible to get those bug reports
as accommodating to the devs, like yourself, as possible.

Cheers,
/Kunda