[scribus-dev] scribus CTL

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Nov 24 10:05:17 UTC 2015

hey dawood

On 23/11/15 06:39, Dawood al-badi wrote:
> Hello Developers
>
> As you know Mr VOX has start project to make scribus support complex
> text layout. Therefore I am willing to work in his plan that he posted
> in githup in the following link:
>
> andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/issues/3
> <https://github.com/andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/issues/3>
>
> To complete the project, the first stage was to separate textlayout
> from storytext. So I started to separate all functions that related to
> glyphs.
>
> GlyphLayout* getGlyphs(int pos);
> const GlyphLayout* getGlyphs(int pos) const;
> LayoutFlags flags(int pos) const;
> bool hasFlag(int pos, LayoutFlags flag) const;
> void setFlag(int pos, LayoutFlags flag);
>  void clearFlag(int pos, LayoutFlags flag);
>
> These functions were in storyText but I am moving
> If any one have thought about the process I want a feedback. For
> example if there are any other function that related to layout and I
> didn’t mention it

personally, what i can suggest you to do, is to submit not too big
patches that

- go in the direction mentioned by andreas vox,
- improve the current situation,
- without changing the behavior of scribus.
- if possible and/or necessary, explain why you think the change
complies with andreas' plans

so:
- try to create the smallest patch that is useful and does not break
scribus!
- wait for it to be included in svn
- then propose the next patch.

behind the scenes you can keep on working in your branch...

good luck!
a.l.e