[scribus-dev] scribus CTL

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Nov 23 13:50:36 UTC 2015

Le 23/11/2015 06:39, Dawood al-badi a écrit :
> As you know Mr VOX has start project to make scribus support complex text layout. Therefore I am willing to work in his
> plan that he posted in githup in the following link:
> andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/issues/3 <https://github.com/andreas-vox/ScribusCTL/issues/3>

This is big work, not to be entered without experience.

As for now, have you coded some lines for scribus ?

You have provided a patch for http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11926
if i understand well, Kunda tested it and found it ok.
Great !
Even greater when one of the devs looks at it and merges patch into core...

I see you have also worked on http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11071
and 10 days ago you said you would come back with more answers
What is your conclusion ?

You proposed a patch for http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6230
but it was not finished and required care.
3 weeks ago, you said you would propose a better patch
for http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6230
Can you please provide it ?

Maybe some of these 2 issues require discussing
and bigger CTL project will for sure also require even biger discussions.

IMI, it's not safe for you to begin work on CTL,
even if your ideas might look nice,
as long as you have not sorted out these easyhacks,
because foss code is not only ideas,
but also code and discussion, amongst others.

JLuc