[scribus-dev] 0012245: Grouped lines appear thicker

ale rimoldi a.l.e at xox.ch
Tue Nov 17 09:31:48 UTC 2015

hey as.

> Actually, I commented this line before and it solves the issue. So I'm
> asking why calling p->scale ()
> where it will scale by 1 which does nothing and it changes the
> zoom_factor to 1.I'm assuming that the issue might be in the modified
> zoom_factor.

this line of code arises a few questions:

- why is "double groupWidth" defined in pageitem.h and not in
pageitem_group.h?
- what is the difference between m_width and groupWidth?
- why does width have a m_ prefix and groupWidth does not have it?

but the main question is about the difference between groupWdith and
m_width.

i suggest you (and the other guys) that as a first step for finding out
what this line of code does and why it has been written, you should
write a short doxygen doc for the groupWidth and groupHeight variables
and submit that patch.

just a reference, if you look further down in pageitem.h you see:

double oldXpos; ///< Stores the old X-position for undo action. Is used
to detect move actions.

that's an example of doxygen doc.

is not in my eyes a perfect doxygen comment:

double oldXpos; ///< used for detecting move actions .

would probably have been better, since the name of the class member
variables already says that it's an old x position... we should try to
keep them as short as possible and only document what we could not write
in the name itself.

one last remark: before submitting a new doxygen doc, please discuss
internally if it's the shortest text you can come up! :-)

hth
a.l.e