[scribus-dev] 0013171: Document Setup or Preferences ... .

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Nov 15 10:16:26 UTC 2015

hey ali

> I try to produce issue 13171 but I found these :
>
> (A) step to reproduces this problem :
>
>      (1)Create doc
>
>      (2)Go to file > Document Setup > Size
>
>      (3)On "Width Spin Box" change width.
>
>      (4)Click "OK".
>
>      (5)No change on page width.

> (B) reproduces this problem:
>
>     (1)Create doc
>
>     (2)Go to file > Document Setup > Size
>
>     (3)On "Width Spin Box" change width.
>
>     (4)Click on "apply change to all pages"
>
>     (5)Click "OK".
>
>     (6)Now ,we see change on page width.
>
> We see on :
>
> (A)No change in page width.
>
> (B)change in page width.
>
> So,When click on "apply change to all pages "or "apply change to
> master pages" then Click "OK" any change on width/height of page are
> apply otherwise not apply.
>
> "my Questions  are " Is  (B) right behaver on scribus ?

... as also noted in the relating ticket in the bug tracker:

good list of steps to reproduce!

they are not really on topic for this ticket but shows an issue that is
worth to be solved.

A: the values in the document setup are used for the future pages of
the current document. it's not really evident that it's that way, but
coherent with the way scribus works in other similar cases.

B: of course... this show that we very likely need a further checkbox
"Apply to current page".

can you please open a new ticket for this ("add a "apply to current
page" option to document settings > page size") and propose a patch for
it?

in the future (as already stated in many places, multiple times, by
different people) we need a better way to manage the scribus wide,
document specific and local to the context settings... but that's a
bigger topic and we don't have a solution there, yet!

ciao
a.l.e