[scribus-dev] Issue#11772

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 12 14:41:56 UTC 2015

On 11/12/2015 09:05 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi
>
>>> I agree with you, but what happen if the user tried to change them
>>> under preference and no changes occur?!. So, as usability  I think
>>> there should be (e.g a pop up message) to inform the user to
>>> restart Scribus to apply the changes.
>>
>> No pop up.
>>
>> Prefs needs to act immediately.
>
> looks like a trivial issue, but it's not easy to find a better solution.
>
> if you find a (free) program that manages in a better way please show
> it us so that we can check if their solution can be applied to scribus!
>
> personally, i believe that moving more setting to styles is probably
> part of the solution.
>
> and i'd like to try out how a new "format" menu could work... but it
> wont be for tomorrow :-)

I don't see a problem with having settings in more than one location.
It's a little obscure as to why the settings for Story Editor should be
in Preferences, but it doesn't hurt anything. If there would also be a
way to set it in styles, that's not a big deal either.
The background and display font settings make the most sense to be where
you are using them and can immediately see the results, in other words,
in Story Editor.