[scribus-dev] The vertical distance between the first line and the first character

Ibrahim Al Rashdi ibrahimalrashdi745 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:41:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am solving now the issue http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12154 .

As it is explained that Adjust Frame Height to Text does not work probably
if the text in the middle or in the bottom. I found a function in
pageitem_textframe.cpp called setTextFrameHeight() . This function receive
maxY as new height and reduce the frame height.

I suggested to get two variables (one for the height from the beginning of
the frame to the last line of the text and the other from the beginning of
the frame to the first character in the text) and subtract them to get the
proper height.

I added a variable that get the height to the last line in the text but
still I couldn’t find a way to get the height from the beginning of the
frame to the first character of the text. can you give me an idea how to do
it.

Ibrahim..