[scribus-dev] What does “acknowledged” issue status mean?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Nov 1 07:27:43 UTC 2015

hi khaled

> Not being familiar what Mantis, I’m not sure what acknowledged status
> really means. I’m asking because after working on an acknowledged
> feature request, people are now debating whether the issue makes sense
> at all or not. I’d have thought that this is not questionable given
> the status of the issue, but I may have misunderstood how this works.

since you're not mentioning the specific bug it's not easy to give you
an exact explanation for what you are seing.

but:

- in the scribs project there are different people who have different
  points of view on what kind of workflows should be supported,
  different opinions on how softare should look like and how much far
  should scribus go with integrating "non core" features.

- some tickets are very old and in the mean time:
  - people might have changed their mind
  - scribus has changed
  - the way people work with DTP apps (and generally computers) has
    changed

- finally, the bug tracker is both a tool that is used
  - by power users and occasional users to announce their issues and
    wishes
  - by the community to work on proposals on ways to solve issues
  - by the team to keep track what is blocking

and there are probably many other reasons that make the
life of a ticket not always as straightforward as one might want to
wish!

you're welcome to give suggestions for improvement!

ciao
a.l.e