[scribus-dev] The Great Transifex Mystery

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:54:41 UTC 2015

> Has Scribus translation moved to Transifex?
>
> Of course that would be great news, and I'll be glad to help, but some
> explanations would be welcome.

Alessandro,
Hi, that was me. Transifex has been a long standing interest of mine.
Though ATM it's only for testing because the workflow for translations as
you know has been through submitting through the Bugtracker. Thanks to the
original post on the BT about transifex by a fellow named zdpo and also
later with the help of a fellow named chhitz, Scribus Transifex was
created. Craig is aware of this and has been involved in conversations. But
there is no official announcement yet.

Right now it's about seeing if veteran translators would be interested in
working in Transifex. By using it, Scribus gets more exposure and would
most likely get translated in to many more languages. We're still working
on the workflow. A patch was submitted to Mantis for downloading
translations from transifex directly using a simple script.

So consider this more as an experiment. We of course want to maintain the
highest standards for translations and not alienate any long timer
tranlsators in the process.

Feedback and advice would be very welcomed in this process.

Cheers,
/Kunda