[scribus-dev] Second book cover script ( using millimeters) is ready for testing.

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Jan 28 22:44:19 UTC 2015

Le 28/01/2015 22:20, John Culleton a écrit :
> I'll just attach it to this reply. Thanks for
> your help!
That's fine now !
I could run it and here is my feedback :

- The first dialog's labels explain which is the unit of the expected answer.
Following dialogs should also !
(for example, i first thought g/sm were expected for cover,
but after a few trials it appears mm is a better guess)

- When i press "cancel" on some dialogs, the script issues an error
instead of clean exiting.

- I could not understand the provided result.
i dont understand how it is related to the input data
(apart width) :
---> height is only vaguely related to height input
---> it seems the inside pages thickness is totally missing.

It could be, however, that i'm not understanding what this program is aimed at.

FYI : here are my datas for this test :
book 210 x 280 mm, with 240 pages 80 g/sm and a 1mm thick cover

JLuc