[scribus-dev] GSOC 2015

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Feb 13 14:57:22 UTC 2015

On 02/13/2015 05:38 AM, Terry Burton wrote:
> On 12 February 2015 at 19:16, Kunda Loves Scribus
> <scribus.user at gmail.com> wrote:
>> GSOC is underway calling to mentoring organizations to register. I was
>> wondering if this year we could submit an application? to make it simple we
>> could just focus on some low maintenance specific needs: (here is my list)
>>
>> * UI/UX improvements
>> * RTL/CJK
>> * Relaunch Scribus Website
>> * Windows MSI installer (So windows testers can use 1.5svn)
>
> Craig mentioned refreshing the barcode generator plugin recently which
> we have identified as a GSoC target in the past.
>
> We have the following task list that might form a basis for a GSoC
> project. Please feel free to update it with recent requirements:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Barcode_Plugin_Development

I just used the generator this morning after not having used it for a
while. One thing it could surely use is a speed up in its actions. There
is a major delay with many (all?) functions, changing the code, deleting
the default entry, entering new data. Not sure why it struggles so much
with its own dialog.