[scribus-dev] GSOC 2015

Terry Burton tez at terryburton.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 10:38:48 UTC 2015

On 12 February 2015 at 19:16, Kunda Loves Scribus
<scribus.user at gmail.com> wrote:
> GSOC is underway calling to mentoring organizations to register. I was
> wondering if this year we could submit an application? to make it simple we
> could just focus on some low maintenance specific needs: (here is my list)
>
> * UI/UX improvements
> * RTL/CJK
> * Relaunch Scribus Website
> * Windows MSI installer (So windows testers can use 1.5svn)

Craig mentioned refreshing the barcode generator plugin recently which
we have identified as a GSoC target in the past.

We have the following task list that might form a basis for a GSoC
project. Please feel free to update it with recent requirements:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Barcode_Plugin_Development

I have no experience of Qt programming but would be happy to assist a
member of the core with being a mentor for this if they are happy to
provide input on code quality, etc.

Terry