[scribus-dev] Overnight compile of 1.5.0 no longer works.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Feb 7 21:27:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 11:11:06 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 06/02/2015 01:44, William Bader a écrit :
> > I posted my build script at
> > http://williambader.com/pat/makescribus15.sh
> > It probably works only for me, but it might
> > help to see what I set.
>
> Hehe, here is mine :
> https://github.com/JLuc/makscribus/blob/master/maksvn
> its customisable with line options and inline
> parameters like Qt path, path for build
> objects, exec path, UI languages, # of cores,
> revision to compile to, suffix for exec (hence
> you can compile and run differents versions)
> and more.
>
> It should work out of the box as long as the
> compile dev libs are installed.
>
> I use it on Ubuntu 14.04 but should work on
> other linux platforms.
>
> JL

It seems to be a fine scrpt but I kept getting
errors on bits and pieces of Qt5.4. Here is a
typical message:
project has asked CMake to find a package
configuration file provided by
  "Qt5LinguistTools", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file
  provided by "Qt5LinguistTools"
  with any of the following names:

    Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake
    qt5linguisttools-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of
  "Qt5LinguistTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "Qt5LinguistTools_DIR" to a directory
  containing one of the above
  files.  If "Qt5LinguistTools" provides a
  separate development package or
  SDK, be sure it has been installed.
So I have been doing this over and over again:
export
  Qt5WebKitWidgets_DIR="/opt/Qt/5.4/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKitWidgets"

Finally I got smart and trimmed the "qtpath"
parameter a little bit:
At this setting the program just compiled.
qtpath="/opt/Qt/5.4/"

This is a little scary since that directory
includes both android and gcc subdirectories.
Maybe I'll just delete the Android one.

Thanks for a nice script!

John Culleton
Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Updated PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with
Scribus 1.4.5" coming soon at
http://www.booklocker.com/!