[scribus-dev] Stackoverflow question

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Feb 2 09:11:09 UTC 2015

hi kunda,
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28190568/disable-warning-message-in-scribus
>
> Can someone answer this (via stackoverflow instead of here)
>
> > When importing a svg file to the DTP programme "Scribus" it shows a
> warning message (with just one OK-button), that has to be confirmed to
> go on. This stops my Python Script from working.
>
> >So I need a possibility to either confirm the message or - even
> better - to stop Scribus from showing this message. (something like
> the "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" in Excel VBA)
>
> >A possible solution would be to send an "Enter" command using
> sendkeys, but I don't like that because the command could miss the target.

the question has been answered in the forums:

http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1598.msg7069.html#msg7069

basically, he will need to patch scribus to avoid the dialog. and i
think that it would be a good idea to patch scribus to not show dialogs
when running scripts.

somebody should jump in, since he does not seem to be able to do the
patch by himself.

ciao
a.l.e