[scribus-dev] Lao, Thai, Khmer, Burmese, and Karen

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 21 14:37:38 UTC 2014

congratulations robert!

you've just been added to the complex script working group!

> Just curious, which backend for text layout does Scribus currently use?
>
> ICU? Qt? Pango?
>
> I helped provide Lao support in LibreOffice (with a great degree of
> help from the developers). I would love to try to see what I can do,
> so any help is appreciated.

more seriously, the core developers team is currently not actively
working (mostly lack of time) on improving the support of non latin
languages, but they accept patches and can give some hints on how to
work on the support of complex script languages.

on the other side, lately there have been a few requests of people
willing to contribute code for support of non latin languages (or having
working code that they want to see included in the scribus trunk).
in parallel, kunda (who will for sure read these lines) wanted to create
community working groups.

so: let's do it!

now, we need to know who (else) wants to be part this working group! :-)

ciao
a.l.e