[scribus-dev] Scribus use in newspaper production

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Mar 7 18:00:14 UTC 2014

Le 06/03/2014 16:38, Richard Cichelli a écrit :
> Please contact me if you are willing to share any experiences (good or bad) using Scribus in the production of
> commercial daily or weekly newspapers.  Richard. cichelli at newspapersystems.com.

I edit a quaterly magazine, not a daily or weekly.

As for bad experience, i suffer mainly with :

- no selection is possible across linked frames

- style import is buggy (bad conflict management)
when importing pages from another document,
or when pasting some text selected from another document
or when importing styles with the import style dialog.

- no way to clean the unused styles or duplicates

- there is no way to synchronising  styles across multiple documents

As for good experience :

- Scribus enables me to build the magazine i edit

- produced PDFs are accepted by all printers i work with

- produced file is readable and i can automate some work
with php programs.

JLuc