[scribus-dev] Re-instating the "Delete" and "Undo" entries in the Context Menu?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Jun 28 10:15:07 UTC 2014

Le 28/06/2014 08:06, "Christoph Schäfer" a écrit :
> I've ben playing a lot with the latest versions of 1.5.0svn lately, and it occured to me that the measures to minimise the size of the Context Menu may have gone a bit too far.
> The two most important entries I needed immediate access to were "Delete" and "Undo". Thus, I think re-instating them as Context Menu entries would be worth the slightly bigger size of the CM.
> I won't file a bug report until a consensus has been reached on this issue.

AMOF I dont mind any of these solution.
The context menu has been made very light and appears structured.
It takes me some time to get accustomed to the new structure,
and its a not so easy "guessing game : where is that action"
but i am rarely deceived since the structure and the menu entries,
allthough abstracts, are logical.

IMO its more a keyboard shortcut (like SHIFT+DEL) to "Delete" the content of an image or text frame
that would improve more the ease of use.

Its not so important because deleting the content of a frame is not so common
(more commonly, one replaces the content or delete the frame itself)
But it is all the same a bit important for usability because,
generally speaking on computers, "Delete" is a very common operation
and it allways benefit of a keyboard shortcut.
So, there actually IS a behavioural expectation for a shortcut.

JLuc