[scribus-dev] Please confirm or comment "2 strokes accented characters cant be typed in"

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Jun 24 14:24:03 UTC 2014

Le 24/06/2014 15:07, Craig Bradney a écrit :
> We dont necessarily have control over this issue though. We receive keystrokes through the OS/DE/Qt
> and then our own code. A whole lot can change without us changing code (and we haven't), plus its
> different for every layout out there. If you can find an example on one system where nothing has
> changed but Scribus then we could look for a difference.

You mean its not scribus fault and that's why the bug report is not "confirmed" ?

It could be that scribus has not changed,
but nevertheless, the resulting features of this not-change have degraded.

Scribus being [ not alone in space but interacting in a complex and changing
computing environnement ] might have to evolve sometime
when its environnement evolves, so as to continue delivering the same functions.

Whether scribus fault or not, i think scribus should be able to manage
dual-keystroke keyboard entries of words like fenêtre or Noël.

Marking this bug as "confirmed" would mean that it requires some action
so as to keep software usual keyboard behaviour.

BTW ale, GregP got the bug too :
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scribus/44671

JL