[scribus-dev] Most Annoying Bugs candidates

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Jun 11 19:30:19 UTC 2014

Le 11/06/2014 03:26, Kunda Loves Scribus a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info
>     I'd recommend a change here..
>     1 page for bugs + 1 page for feature requests
>     because things like RTL text is not a bug based on the current design.
>     Craig

Following MrB's request i created a "most desired features" new page,
and did bring the RTL + TOC bugs there :
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Most_Desired_Features

So as to keep focus, I suggest we stick to 12 alltogether bugs :
6 Most Annoying Bugs and 6 Most Desired Features.
OK with that ?
Or should we go for 7 MAB and 5 MDF ?

ATM, out of the 13 candidates, it's quite amazing that 6 of them
are taged as "new" in the bug tracker.
Could anybody have a look at them, and test them when relevant,
confirm them or discard them with a comment or just comment them ?

And could the authorized persons tag them with the 'confirmed'
or whatever appropriate tag when possible ?
Here they are :

- Properties window sometimes doesnt update when switching to a different object
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10182

- Being able to type accented characters with keyboard
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12228

- When no end of paragraph is part of the selected and copied text,
pasting should not paste the paragraph style of the selection
(it should only paste the character styles)
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11574

- Copy'n'Pasting text from another document should not overwrite the current styles definition
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11814

- Importing a page from another document should not overwrite the current styles definition
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11420

- Change fonts with arrow keys
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11789

The other candidate bug states are
- 1 Confirmed : Search doesn't center (= focus viewport) on result
- 1 Accepted : Search only searches current frame
- 1 Affected : Impossible selection across multiple linked frames

Moreover, ale, you have listed 2 bugs that have 0000 as a bug number :-)
Could you create a bug in the tracker for them  or list their real bug number ?
That's a prerequisite because this MAB page should not replace the bug tracker.

JLuc