[scribus-dev] GitHub Scribus Project is set up

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jul 30 11:44:11 UTC 2014

salü chelen,
> - Github have a bugtracker, can user use this one? Or Mantis is the
> default?

i think that the github issue tracker should only be used for tickets
related to the github repository itself (like the tickets i've
filled)... and for the issues related to the branches that will
eventually be on github (since the plan is to only have short living
branches there, the tickets should also be short living ones...)

if the repository gets popular we won't be able to avoid that general
tickets will be filled there... as a first solution, i would suggest, to
simply copy the issues over to mantis and
- close them on github or
- put a backlink in mantis so that when the issue is closed there, it
also gets (manualy) closed on github, too

we should probably add these rules to the README file on github...

> - Github have Pull Request workflow, contributors can use it? or they
> have to continue submitting patch on Mantis?

we will probably first pull in the request in a new branch on github and
then, if it's ok, submit the patch to mantis...

the small advantage, is that the hip folk on github won't be scared by
mantis any more...

but, for now, no pull request around...

ciao
a.l.e