[scribus-dev] Infrastructure augmentations pt.2 (MantisBT)

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 01:19:05 UTC 2014

Following up to pt.1

Another infrastructure improvement besides the wiki mentioned in Pt.1 would
be to MantisBT.

Hands down Mantis is a beast and it gets the job done. From a bug testing
POV it would be a blessing if Mantis had more AJAX integration. After doing
some digging I found out that there are some up-to-date solutions out there
that help improve mantis workflow. Maybe you can agree with me?

For example, on github there is a list of MantisBT repositories that have
plugins built by the MantisBT users. Address is:
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins

Some plugins that immediately caught my interest:

__Snippets__ https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/snippets
Define snippets of text that can be easily pasted into text fields. This
can help speed up bug notations

__EmailReporting__ https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/EmailReporting
"...allows you to report an issue in Mantis by sending an email to a
particular mail account." This could liberate the power-users from being
dependant on the Mantis GUI to report a bug (something that in the past has
deterred me from reporting)

__Announce__ https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/announce
"Lets privileged accounts create and post announcements that can be shown
to users on a global or per-project basis, and allow users to dismiss
individual messages." Very nice way to communicate with Scribus bug
reporters for example asking them: "Have you read <link>How to file a bug
report</link> on the wiki before filing ?"

__Search__ https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/search
"This plugin can help find issue where text searches in bug text, comments,
additional informations" Not exactly clear what this does (I've contacted
dev) But perhaps augments the built-in MantisBT search.

__ThePoser__ http://agavestorm.com/the-poser-for-mantis/
"New shiny look for Mantis. Skins, custom company Logo, custom CSS and
more."
This is by far the most 'blingy' request of them all. I think it would be
refreshing to add a more modern look to mantis, something more inviting.
Sort of how an interior decorator can change a space by changing a few key
things. Making the issue boxes slightly less opaque and introducing a
different font would be refreshing change.

Thoughts?

Too be continued in Pt.3

Cheers,
/Kunda