[scribus-dev] About GSOC 2014

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Jan 29 19:15:26 UTC 2014

Le 25/01/2014 12:23, Aditya Kale a écrit :
> My IRC nickname is vajra. My real name is aditya.
> I have submitted a patch for bug # 11818 "No page range check in PDF
> export dialog".
> I am interested in GSOC 2014. Pleae let me know, if
> anyone willing to mentor for GSOC2014.

Hello,

Thanks vajra for the time you spent on creating this patch.
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11818

Here are some comments on your works. I will point both the + and the -

+ it works !
- i offered you 2 ways of doing. One with a better UI requiring some qt work,
   the other one with a simpler code.
   You have choosen the simpler code.
   Its a bit sad because you said you were interested in Qt.
+ you have answered and done the job when requested to fix a little issue
   and when requested to improve the coding style
- even in its current version, your code doesnt follow 100% the coding guidelines
   (spaces and braces newlines)
? your "page range parse" code duplicates some code in another function (see comment on mantis)
   I feel it would be better to create a common function to parse it and call it in both function.
   (It would make easyer future change in pagerange formats)

Please could a core dev take the time to look and comment your patch ?

I hope it can be merged, in case "it works" is enough to overcome possible drawbacks.

JLuc