[scribus-dev] Scribus implementation

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Apr 14 15:10:44 UTC 2014

On 04/13/2014 01:04 PM, Saravanan Kuppusamy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are a typesetting company uses InDesign as core typesetting software
> with a benefit of InDesign automation. Largely we uses XML workflow, ie.,
> we use XML as source of input to InDesign to generate PDF.
>
> I need your help. Could someone of you work with me for Scribus
> implementation? Prior to that, I wanted to understand whether XML supports
> Scribus like InDesign.

I think the answer is a qualified yes.
There is some ability in the works to be able to import IDML files,
which may or may not be of use to you with your workflow.

At the same time, if you take a look at the native Scribus file format,
you will see that this is at least an XML-like format. Therefore, those
who are familiar with XML conversions should be able to develop this for
XML to SLA, though I don't want to minimize the work this might entail.

This sounds like an interesting approach, so please keep in contact to
let us know what help we might be in this implementation.