[scribus-dev] How to start?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Sep 28 11:47:49 UTC 2013

Le 28/09/2013 13:15, Hans Schmidt a écrit :
> Hello Cedric and Jluc,
>
> thanks for your answer!
>
> I am running Windows and Linux (in a VM), but compiling Scribus on
> Windows is so difficult so that I will use Linux first. I have some
> basic knowledge in C++ (rather more in Python), but I mainly want to use
> Scribus to learn.
> Also I have never participated in such a large project
> and the file structur is a little bit overwhelming for me.
>
> Ok, I will participate in IRC and follow the other advice :)

This list is probably supposed to be a nice place too for questions
and answers and any sharings related to scirbus code dans dev.
It enables more people to take part so it might be a good think
to share more on this list so as to develop the scribus contributors
community.

> As my ultimate goal I want to help develop CJK (Chinese, Japanese,
> Korean) support for Scribus.
Great.
Some research has been done on indic writing that you will find in the
mail archives but afaik its not finished.

 > But I guess this is really hard, so first
> I'll try to do some easy stuff.

The bug tracker is full of bugs, some of them being easyer
for your first steps.

Then, since you are a python programmer, there is a nice
but unfinished new python scripter extension
that might land in scribus 1.5 but that needs debuging first,
and expanding too,
and it might be a particularly suitable part for your second steps...

Thanks too !
JL