[scribus-dev] patches are ready...

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 2 16:59:48 UTC 2012

hi greg,
> I guess I would tend to line up with Craig about being conservative about
> incorporating patches. It's one thing if a patch works, but one wants to
> know if it risks or actually does break something else, and there has to
> be a desire to keep some consistency in the way things are implemented in
> the code.

i've never meant to say that every patch must be accepted with no
consideration of its quality.

but the contributor deserves a fast answer: accepted or refused.
and if refused, what has to be improved (if it can be improved...)

the size of the active scribus team is shrinking from year to year,
giving a bit of care to the ones that want to be part of it, could help
keeping the project alive!
seriously, currently if one of jean or craig stops working on scribus,
the project is dead.
even if one of them or both have slightly less time for scribus (or is
on holidays) nothings happens anymore.

in the last few months, we have had several people who have shown their
interest in contributing to scribus: let's try not to lose them!

ciao
a.l.e