[scribus-dev] patches are ready...

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Oct 1 14:54:32 UTC 2012

Le 28/09/2012 20:03, Craig Bradney a écrit :
> All patches were submitted in the past for review, not for committing. They need to be tested by
> those who have time for testing.

I've had problems in the past when trying to apply a patch
(and i find it much easyer to compile and update a git or svn branch).

It looks like there are different types of "diffs" files.
Some cant be applied immediately, or need specific preparation steps.
Maybe its a matter of choosing the right root directory when creating the diff.
Maybe its a matter of option when creating the diff.
Or maybe the matter is when applying the patch.
And maybe some tools are better than other to create or apply .diff files,
or maybe some tools cannot be used to apply patches created with others tools.

I wish some documentation and guidelines were created on how to create patches
and how to apply them so as to easyen and widen that testing process.

JLuc