[scribus-dev] Kerning text from keyboard

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 14 13:53:14 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 06:00 AM, Daniel Viksporre wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I understand you can't change the kerning of letters from the
> keyboard. And this make the kerning feature take enormous amount of
> time to use.
>
> If you want to change the kerning of each letter in a header by hand,
> then this procedure will take more than 10 times longer to do in
> Scribus, compared to all professional DTP programs where you can do
> this from the keyboard.

For one thing, I am trying to understand kerning each letter of a
heading (one by one, I guess?). Is this common for designers, or just
you? And this is just by visual appearance? (i.e., not based on some metric)

In Edit Contents mode, it doesn't seem to be especially tedious to
highlight one or more letters, words, etc, then use the mousewheel to
change kerning. What's more, you can for example use Shift+mousewheel to
change ±0.1%, which is something that's not going to be the case with a
keyboard shortcut.