[scribus-dev] Kerning text from keyboard

Daniel Viksporre daniel.viksporre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:00:20 UTC 2012

Hi!

As I understand you can't change the kerning of letters from the
keyboard. And this make the kerning feature take enormous amount of
time to use.

If you want to change the kerning of each letter in a header by hand,
then this procedure will take more than 10 times longer to do in
Scribus, compared to all professional DTP programs where you can do
this from the keyboard.

Would this be something that could be considered as a possibility to
implement? I guess that it could be implemented quite easily, but if I
have to do it myself, it would take quite some effort to do starting
form scratch.

Is this feature something that you have been thinking about? For
people like designers (that use kerning all the time), it is a huge
drawback.

I have seen it mentioned several times, but those keyboard shortcuts
doesn't work in windows, and is has always only looked as suggestions
for improvement. Here is one of them...

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Keyboard_shortcuts

// Daniel V