[scribus-dev] Regarding GSoC

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Mar 19 12:09:41 UTC 2012

On 03/18/2012 11:34 PM, rajat gupta wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am Rajat Gupta. I am pursuing B Tech. from Dhirubhai Ambani Institute
> of Information and Communication Technology, India.
>
> On GSoC ideas page, I browsed through the project idea "Improving
> Scribus usability and user-friendliness" and wished to implement some of
> those features and solve the bugs.
>
> Can anyone please guide me through this?

Hi Rajat,

Actual proposal submissions don't start for another week. In the
meantime, look over the requirements, make some contact by the methods
suggested in the first link below. You will need to show you can
understand the Scribus code by working on some bug. This list isn't such
a good way to make contact.

If you can manage to make some contact on the Scribus IRC channel on
freenode, that would be a big help to you. Try to make contact during
European daylight hours if you can.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2012_Student_Requirements
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/News_2012-03-17