[scribus-dev] [Scribus 0010673]: Select on multiple layer

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 5 12:54:06 UTC 2012

hi georg,

> I’m a designer and used InDesign a lot. I would freak out if I could
> not select elements on all layers. This would be a BIG pain in the
> ass. So I don’t understand the discussion. If there is any chance to
> implement this, do it.

this discussion got somehow sidetracked.

after a long time, franz has implemented it in 1.5svn (the development
version, not ready yet for broad use).

i -- and other people who have tried -- feel that the way it is
implemented is too cumbersome.

by asking on this list, i wanted to know, if the way i'm proposing is
better or if someone sees a need for the -- imo -- too granular
current implementation.

it's not about if, it's about how to do it!

the feature is already in 1.5 and it won't go away.

since the discussion didn't lead to any useful result, i plan to simply
prepare my patch and see if people like it afterwards.

have fun
a.l.e