[scribus-dev] text-formatting

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jul 13 15:08:09 UTC 2012

hi britta,
> Thank you for alle your comments - using the second first og second
> last letter is what I am using today - taking a lot of time and can
> get a lot af mistakes.
> One of the problems are, when I make a return and want to write more,
> the text formatting go back to default.
> Here is my ideas:
>
>  1. A frame can have a default - thats OK
>  2. If I wont something else - then I can either:
>     - write the text an give it a style (why shall a I go two places
>     to use/edit styles ??) or
>     - select the text an give it a direct font, size, color etc.
>     and this cut the default frame set and go on with new selected
>  3. A hard return gives whats defined in a style or whats defined
>     directly in the frame
>  4. A soft return just give a new line without any change
>
> For me it seem, it is a quistion about cutting the link back to frame
> default every time a return is used, when a text is given a style og a
> text is given i direct font etc.
>
> Am I wrong ?

you're at least more right than me!

the problem is currently indeed bount to the return.

to reproduce:
- put some text in a text frame
- set the color for the whole frame to green
- set the last word to red

now:
- if you type some text at the end of the frame it will be red.
- but as soon as you type return in the middle of a green word, you the
text on the new line will be green but the one at the end of the old
line will be red
- if you put a return at the end of the last word (a green one!), if you
write some text at then of the old one it will be green, but on the new
line it will be red
- if you set the first word as green and add a return in front of it,
the text on the new line will also be red
- with shift click you don't get the problem.

do those steps match what you're experience?

ciao
a.l.e