[scribus-dev] a couple of new scripter commands

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 30 14:16:28 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 08:45 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi greg,
>

>> I had thought that maybe this could be another form of Paste, such as
>> Paste Multiple, with a dialog to select a number of pages, all, odd,
>> even... As I envision it, it would only paste to the coordinates of
>> the original, on whatever page(s) you choose.
>>
>> The programming for that is quite beyond me. I thought perhaps that if
>> I dallied a bit in Scripter, I would irritate people enough to come up
>> with a main canvas solution :-)
>
> please take into consideration, that the multiple insert item dialog is
> very similar to what you are planning...
>
> it's maybe easy to plan a merging of the two functions... or at least a
> sharing of dialog resources...

I haven't heard of multiple insert, but the name suggests this would be
creating multiple brand-new frames of some sort.

I'm interested in taking a fully developed object, such as text frame
with text, image frame with image, and copying/pasting that to many pages.

I also think that having copy and paste functions in Scripter is
potentially useful for other things.