[scribus-dev] Add-In Development Documentation

Rob Oakes LyX-Devel at oak-tree.us
Mon Jan 30 01:06:55 UTC 2012

On 1/29/2012 11:49 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> nice to see you making progresses on the side of ebook production with scribus!
>
> last week i sat down with claudia, an interaction designer, who has dedicated the final work for her "extension studies" ("weiterbildung"in german :-) to the production of ebooks from scribus.
>
> she has done a wonderful work and what she has in mind looks very
> doable. ... but i have the feeling that it's easier to do it as a plugin rather than a python script.
>
> we will see more when she is ready to present her work to the community!
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she presents. Any idea
when she'll be making the presentation? Is it scheduled for
LibreGraphics later this year?

(I also agree about your points about implementing it via a plugin would
be preferable to a script. Necessity is one of my big motivators to get
something done quick and fast. For the past few years, I've been working
on a book about writing with open source tools. It's so far over
schedule that I couldn't even see it in the mirror if I tried. The
plugin is being written with the audience of that book in mind.)

Cheers,

Rob