[scribus-dev] Add-In Development Documentation

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jan 29 18:49:22 UTC 2012

hi rob,

> At the moment, I'm putting together some material for a blog post
> about creating eBooks (ePub and Kindle) from Scribus and LyX. This
> blog post is based on a talk I was going to give last year and never
> had time to finish. (I got really interested in the whole thing again
> after playing around with iBooks Author and wondering how hard it
> would be to create similar books with open tools.)
> [...]
> But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Any input you can offer regarding
> the questions above would be very welcome.

nice to see you making progresses on the side of ebook production with
scribus!

last week i sat down with claudia, an interaction designer, who has
dedicated the final work for her "extension studies" ("weiterbildung"
in german :-) to the production of ebooks from scribus.

she has done a wonderful work and what she has in mind looks very
doable.
... but i have the feeling that it's easier to do it as a plugin rather
than a python script.

we will see more when she is ready to present her work to the community!

ciao
a.l.e