[scribus-dev] interest in new tutorial?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 26 12:42:30 UTC 2012

hi christen,

> I've noticed several people recently asking for a tutorial geared
> towards 1.4.0. The old freedomYug tutorial is long out of date. I
> would be willing to either update the current tutorial or write a new
> one, if there is interest in this. As A.l.e. pointed out in a recent
> forum thread, the freedomYug tutorial is not really the best for new
> users, since it explores several features that new users wouldn't
> need to know.
>
> So my question is, is there any interest in this? If so, what things,
> in your opinion, would be best to include in this?

during the sprint which lead to the last year's scribus flossmanual,
i've created a "scribus hands on" based on the creation of a three fold
leaflet.

it's in french, has already been translated into finnish, and is being
translated into italian.

an english translation (even of the whole manual) is very welcome!

the manual is free as in software (GPL + cc-by-sa) and has been
sponsored by the organisation internationale de la francophonie.

the french version is here: http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Scribus/

flossmanuals.net offers a platform which would be helpful to coordinate
a collaborative editing and the publishing.

ciao
a.l.e