[scribus-dev] interest in new tutorial?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Jan 25 19:31:25 UTC 2012

> I've noticed several people recently asking for a tutorial geared
towards 1.4.0. The old freedomYug tutorial is long out of date. I
would
> be willing to either update the current tutorial or write a new one, if
> there is interest in this. As A.l.e. pointed out in a recent forum
thread, the freedomYug tutorial is not really the best for new
users,
> since it explores several features that new users wouldn't need to
know.
> So my question is, is there any interest in this? If so, what
things,
> in
> your opinion, would be best to include in this?
> Thanks,

I have found that the tutorial found at:

Help->Scribus Manual->Documentation->Scribus basics->Quick Start Guide
to be an excellent introduction for others to Scribus.

The FreedomYug tutorial was great, got me started and updating to
1.4.0 sounds a great idea.

 --
Owen