[scribus-dev] welding feature

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 31 13:08:56 UTC 2011

hi cezary,
> In my approach welding is hierarchical - one item is master and second is
> slave (master can have few slaves items, each slave can be master for others
> items). It was designed for behaviour of welded items when size of one of them
> is changed.

i have not tested any of the two patches, yet but i agree that we
probably need a way for defining a master/slave behavior...

other behaviors may also be good for certain cases, but most of the
time, one will probably want a reference to the master...

if i have a sidenote or a footnote, i will probably want the notes to
follow the resizings and movements of the main frame but i want to be
free to move the slave ones without affecting the master one...
(well, i wonder if one should be able to move a slave frame at all... or
if its definition is logical only (top left is 2 cm below bottom left of
the current frame...))

just my daily two cents...

ciao
a.l.e