[scribus-dev] feature of welding page items

David Bolack dbolack at electricmulch.com
Sun Oct 16 20:43:04 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 06:38 AM, Cezary Grabski wrote:
> What do you think about this idea?

I think this is a fantastic idea, though I would suggest considering
structuring your code to be a little more open ended to allow for future
expansion to more arbitrary join locations that ( 2 px down from top
left, 15% right of bottom right, etc. ) at a later date.

I would also a shift-state toggle at that point allowing to adjust the
relative location of the weld.  You might, for example, move a weld set
and decide you need to reposition one of the boxes, it would be handy to
be able to adjust the weld instead of break, move, re-weld.

Also love this term - not sure I've seen it before?

> Maybe there is some design for that already?

This seems like an "easy" extension to the existing grouping behavior,
though I admit I have used it very, very little.