[scribus-dev] cloud Scribus

Stefan stmstmstmster at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:44:30 UTC 2011

I'm interested in that.

Scribus can be made to work on a headless server. With an Xwindows
tool named Xvfb (x windows frame buffer) it renders all its UI-stuff
in that framebuffer.

You could then run a custom scribus script, which starts a http-Server
waiting for commands.

I have a working script with the server part, has to be expanded with commands.

I'm currently hacking on sth. like this, for a webbased publishing
tool. Users could select a template from a gallery, change some text /
images, and get a redy-to-print pdf and/or scribus file.

2011/10/11 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>:
> This is strictly a mental exercise.
>
> Is it possible to set up Scribus as a cloud app? Would it require some sort
> of VM to allow someone with whatever sort of OS to use?
>
> While I realize it bends the concept of DTP a bit, it might allow one to do
> what we might call 'phone or tablet DTP' -- is this an oxymoron?
>
> Greg

Gruß, Stefan