[scribus-dev] Online help Italian translation

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 07:12:56 UTC 2011

Ciao Alessandro,

First of all, thanks a lot for your efforts. These are very much appreciated!

You are right that I'm currently in the process of updating almost all help files -- mostly housekeeping, like removing outdated content or adding/updating links or screenshots. In some cases, however, a rewrite was due, because the content was simply no longer applicable to newer Scribus versions. I was also able to remove files that were simply no longer needed or whose content has been merged with other files. Not all files have been committed yet, as they are awaiting proofreading by Greg or Craig. There will also be some new files (e.g. one on LibreOffice and one on the Resene palettes).

Continuing with the "Setup" chapter is a good idea, and if you've finished the translations there, you may continue with the "Importing" chapter, with the exception of "importhints.html".

Here's a list of files that will likely remain unchanged (except for fixing typos):

readme.html, intro.html, documentation.html, specs.html, install.html, readme-macosx.html, readme-os2.html, readme-win32.html, install1.html, install2.html, install5.html, psd.html, importhints2.html, importhints1.html, scribus-svg.html, importhints4.html, importhints3.html, toolbox.html, toolbox1.html, toolbox5.html, toolbox7.html, toolbox4.html, toolbox15.html, toolbox13.html, toolbox8.html, toolbox9.html, toolbox3.html, toolbox16.html, toolbox17.html, scripter1.html, lipsum.html, bugreport.html.

One final note: When the doc update is finished, there will also be a new menu.xml file with a slightly modified structure and a bit of rearrangement of some entries, especially in the "Toolbox" chapter, so you should wait until the end before you start working on this file.

As for your fixes, yes, they have been lost, as I was working with local copies of the files, and work on them had started before Jean applied the changes suggested by you. So, that was my fault, and I apologise. I will re-apply them according to the commit logs.

Cheers,

Christoph