[scribus-dev] RC6 Ubuntu 11.10 Installation isues

Brian Rohan brianjrohan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:41:47 UTC 2011

I have posted in the Scribus forums, and it was suggested that I post to
this dev email group. I am having issues installing RC6 in Ubuntu 11.10. I
copied what I pasted into the forums below:

I have been using Scribus on Windoze for quite some time now, and my files
are saved as RC5. I am switching to Ubuntu 11.10, and trying to install
RC6, so I may open my files made in Windoze RC5.  When I add the Repository
to Ubuntu Software Center I can only get RC2, not a help in my situation.
 I am therefore trying to install RC6 from the .tar.bz2 download.  I have
unpackaged the file in /home/username/Scribusinstall  I have also made
another directory there called builddir.  I opened the Install4 file and
was able to install all of the debian files except for python2.3-dev which
I could not find, but have python-dev, and I was not able to find
libcupsys2-dev. When I try command line to get libcupsys2-dev I get the
message "Note, selecting 'libcups2-dev' instead of 'libcupsys2-dev'"

All of this to say when I go into the builddir and try to cmake scribus I
get the following errors:

CMake Error at styles/CMakeLists.txt:20 (QT4_WRAP_CPP):
  Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

I then installed Synaptic package manager, installed the key, and can see
RC6 in available packages in Synaptic. When I try to install via Synaptic,
I get an exclamation point in the box, when I proceed it says Fix Broken
Packaged First. When I go to Edit Fix Broken Packages I get the following:

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependen

When I then try to install via terminal I get the following:

 scribus-ng : Depends: libaspell15 (>= 0.60.7~20110707) but 0.60.6-6 is to
be installed
              Recommends: icc-profiles but it is not going to be installed

I do have libaspell15 .60.6-6 installed already. I do not see .60.7 via
Ubuntu Software Center or in Synaptic.  I did download libaspell15_0.6.7~
but when I click open and open it in Ubuntu Software Center, it says it
will break dependencies, and does not install.

Any suggestions for trying to install this way, or manually?

 Persisting Without Exception
           *I Get it Done!*
    *Brian J. Rohan  DTM*
www.AdvoCare.com/08052009