[scribus-dev] Preparations for GSoC

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:56:45 UTC 2011

2011/5/17 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>:
> On 05/17/2011 04:00 PM, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
>>
>> Hi Craig,

>>> Looking at the diagram, yes, I think automagic row expansion until the
>>> point of disappearing off the bottom of the frame makes the most sense,
>>> as well as fitting within the "Scribus way", as you say.
>>
>> Good, then I'll put a mental "approved" stamp on that idea.
>>
>> I'll also try to summarize the outcome of this thread and update my
>> wiki page with its conclusions.
>
> Hopefully, there can also be something for the user, who would now say, "Now
> what do I do with this overflowing table?". I would hope he could chop off
> rows and paste somewhere else, maybe even join to the next sub-table.

Yes, I'll try to come up with a good solution for this, in lieu of
properly linked table frames as discussed above. Who knows, maybe I'll
have time left to actually take a shot at linked table frames before
summer is over. But I prioritize getting the basics done first. But a
way to transfer a range of rows to a new table is definitely something
that should be possible.

Elvis