[scribus-dev] Tables GSoC draft proposal

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:02:21 CEST 2011

Hi a.l.e,

2011/3/29 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>:
> hi elvis,
>
> looks like a solid proposal!
>
> looking at the past GSOC projects and considering how important table
> editing is,  i'd like to suggest:

Following your suggestions, I've updated the proposal with the
following changes:

* Cell/column spanning has been made mandatory (removed from contingency plan).
* Scribus trunk integration added to project deliverables/timeline. To
compensate, breaking across pages was removed from the project.
* The "Post-Summer of Code Commitment" section has been folded into a
new section "The Future" where I also list a few possible future
table-related projects.
* Scripting API added to project deliverables/timeline/contingency plan.
* Suggest importing features be implemented as scripts, and give CSV a
higher priority than ODT.

I believe that is it.

The updated version is on the wiki (and in the PDF, which is now
linked from the wiki page under "Printable Version").

Tell me if there's anything more you'd like changed/clarified (that
goes for anyone and everyone).

Otherwise I'll submit the proposal to you guys through Google Melange
as soon as I get an "OK".

Thanks for the input!

Elvis