[scribus-dev] could context menus digest Properties (without heartburn, heartache, or cardiac arrest)?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 24 19:38:34 UTC 2011

On 06/24/2011 01:56 PM, Michal Hlavatý wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with Scribus for several hours a day and this proposal
> frightened me. I am afraid this kind of work with Scribus would probably
> kill program once and for all.
>
> Are there any proposals of UI and how to work with Scribus? When I
> searched, I found only a few UIs (wiki, bug tracker), and all of them
> were unusable.
>
> Now, the Scribus UI is logical (good for beginners), but ineffective for
> work (too many levels,unnecessary elements) and space-wasting.
>
> We (couple of people) were working on a new design of Scribus UI, but
> now it's suspended. We will work on that from the next month again.
> That's the reason why I am writing :-).

Hi Mike,

Don't take this subject line too seriously. What it came from is the
sense that you and others already have that Properties is too complex,
too messy, and its functions too big for its size.

One way to cutting Properties down to size is to pull things out that
might just as well be done more simply somewhere else. At the same time,
I think we can presume that in some form Properties will not disappear
-- a lot of us have come to rely on it for a variety of uses.

In the end, we're hoping the most sensible changes will win.