[scribus-dev] Table/Cell PP sections sketches

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:33:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> you should know very well that the PP rework has been done under the
> supervision of a professional UI expert.
> we're already going in the direction your suggesting!

Complete design starts with a study: users interview, raw notes, analysis etc.
If there was no such thing, then it is quite possible that design will
fail, whoever did it.

> on the other hand: we are a free software project and i'm not sure that we
> should have the goal to filter everything through the eyes of an UI
> expert...

Well, this is where I either shut up or swear really loudly. I choose
shutting up.

> also, in the specific case of the table editing, the project is being done
> through a GSOC and i'm not sure that it would have been a good idea to make
> it depend on the results of another project (the UI one).

Works for GIMP students.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org