[scribus-dev] could context menus digest Properties (without heartburn, heartache, or cardiac arrest)?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jun 20 16:26:02 UTC 2011

hi greg,

> What if we came up with a scheme to kill Properties altogether, and
> instead create something we might characterize as a "context menu on
> steroids"?
>
> Can we embed everything pertinent in Properties in a context menu?
> There might be some persistence that needs to be built-in to make this
> useful, but it seems a useful mental exercise to me.

as i wrote, i would be interested in a way to edit relevant settings
without moving the mouse (and without learning tedious shortcuts), but
until now i've not seen any convincing proposals (well, if i have to
tell the truth, my proposals were not judged ok by other people...).
i like how mypaint (and martin) solved it for the color picking... maybe
there is a solution for DTP, too!

but i don't think that we should kill the PP... they should probably
coexist...

let's think about it!

ciao
a.l.e