[scribus-dev] Table/Cell PP sections sketches

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:55:51 UTC 2011

2011/6/20 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>:
> hi elvis,
>
> good work!
>
>> I did some sketching in bed last night of how a initial versions of PP
>> sections for table/cell could look like. See the attached photos.
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> not sure if the dimensions make much sense outside of the creating project.
> basically, when you can merge cells, the concept of rows and columns is not
> clear anymore.
>
> adding and removing rows, cells or columns should be made as an action
> relative to the current selection...
> in the PP, in the context menu and / or in the main menues...

Of course we'll have that as well. I added the dimensions in the PP as
I saw that InDesign has it in their Table Options. It works by
removing adding rows/columns at/from the end of  the table.

But you're right that the most common way to add/remove rows will be
in a contextual manner, so maybe it's unnecessary and just takes up
space in the PP.

Elvis