[scribus-dev] GSoC 2011 idea

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu Jan 27 19:06:24 CET 2011

>> P.S. Also i would like to bring your attention to
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8308 (memory usage optimizing
>> patch).
>> It took me some time to write it, and now it is discouraging that it
>> still is not applied w/o any strong reason.
>
> jean, could you please provide the test document / example Николай is
> asking for?
>
> and my opinion is the same as in march: if there are no serious
> reasons for keeping the patch out of 1.5svn, can we just have it
> applied to the trunk and get the users report the glitches they see?

There are serious reasons.. read the bug.. Jean noticed significant
drawing issues.

Let's re-open discussions on the bug relating to that patch.

Please re-test on your end with the cairo build, preferably with the
latest cairo snapshot if you can, or at least our private version (set
cmake option -DWANT_PRIVATE_CAIRO=1 I believe). We will be disabling the
Qt Arthur option in 1.5.0svn